Sunday 27 May 2018

Thank You

To the 976 who voted for me: thank you.

Was it enough to create change?

In 2008, 47 votes were enough to scare the Income Tax Department back into obeying the law

In 2010, 97 votes were enough to persuade the government to create a Sovereign Wealth Fund.

So what will 976 votes be enough to do the job this time around?

Will it be enough to force government to start obeying the law again and sort out the problems I highlighted?

Well, we'll have to wait and see on that.

The first changes won't be seen until everyone has forgotten the election so it will still be a couple of weeks yet.

An interesting glimmer of hope is the number of politicians who claim to have voted for me or have said that they found my videos thought-provoking.

If just 30 of those 976 votes came from States Members, then things can change.

Again, we'll have to wait and see

I'll keep you posted here as to developments

Once again, thank you to everyone who voted for me

No comments:

Post a Comment